For Main Conference: Poster or Short Lecture
For Young Researchers’ Workshop (YRW): Short Lecture/presentation of the abstract should be performed on site. Virtual participation is also possible (Please note that people can listen to the talks and participate in the discussionfrom remote. However, all speakers need to be on-site in Thessaloniki)
For African Research Pre-Congress Symposium (ARS): Short Lecture/presentation of the abstract can be performed either on-site or remotely with pre-recorded talks
You can download the abstract template (.docx) here.
– Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other conference.
– Abstracts must be submitted in English using exclusively the on-line system of the Congress web page (Abstract submission).
Abstracts submitted via fax or any other means will not be accepted.
– Authors are allowed to submit & present up to 3 abstracts (including short lecture & poster) with one registration.
– For the abstracts that you will submit, please follow the instructions of Planta Medica. The accepted abstracts will be published in a Planta Medica Special Conference Issue devoted to the 70th International Congress and Annual Meeting of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (you will need to provide your consent on that at the on-line submission platform).
– Your abstract should be no longer than 250 words.
– Abstract body should contain background, aim(s), results, conclusion & conflicts of interest (no headings).
– Only one figure or table is allowed (regarding quality, refer to Planta Medica instructions).
Figure or table together with its legend (e.g., Figure 1. GC-MS chromatograph of A.t. extract) should be formatted as a single image file (.jpeg or .png). The figure legend should appear under the figure, while the table legend before the table.
– At the end of the main body of the abstract you need to declare if you have any conflicts of interest.
– With your submission you declare the following:
a) As the author of the abstract and on behalf of all authors, you grant to the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA) the non-exclusive
rights of use of your abstract, including tables and illustrations, for the purpose of publication, also in extract form, in printed and electronic media published by the Thieme Group and other publishers. The full scope of the rights transfer can be found here.
b) As the author of the work and on behalf of all authors, you have obtained any and all necessary licenses for using the tables and figures.
– Please note:
• If your abstract includes any tables and/or figures, they must comply with the current data protection regulations. In particular, please ensure that all images do not contain any personal data.
• In cases where recognizable persons are depicted, the consent of the respective person is mandatory for publication.
• Your abstract, including any tables and figures, must be free of exclusive third-party usage rights.
• All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The author acting as contact person will be informed on the status of the submitted abstract (acceptance – rejection), its presentation type and the final presentation number by May 30th, 2022.
• Registration must be received no later than May 15th, 2022 (early registration deadline) to ensure that your abstract is included in the conference programme and scheduled for presentation. Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline.
For any additional information please contact the Abstract Secretariat: